Friday, March 7, 2008

ICUP 3/1/08 Classic Desert Rampage St. George, Utah

Check out the photos http://www.zazoosh.com/events/120

First ICUP of the year and CTR was there in force!

Results
PLACE BIB Time LAST NAME FIRST NAME CATEGORY AGE
7 868 1:04:00 Layer Jacob Beginner 13-15 12
4 897 1:32:52 Wasmund Stephen Exp Men 30-39 34
9 876 1:38:55 Phillips Aaron Exp Men 30-39 33
15 254 1:54:22 Davis Doug Exp Men 40+ 48
12 993 1:18:07 Williams Craig Men 50+ 54
25 957 1:31:27 Fredette Rick Spt Men 40+ 42



1 comment:

La Hamburgler (Rob Lingstuyl) said...

By Steve Wasmund
While I'm sure the snow was divine and the skiing was fine, those who weren't mountain biking down in St George this weekend missed out on some of the finest riding conditions mother nature can throw our way.

At the race:
Jacob raced beginner 13-15 and in spite of, or maybe because of, his stellar performance at Ol P, didn't have quite the legs he hoped for. He did finish, however, and is looking forward to the race next month in Hurricane.

Leslie F raced sport women and got to climb up on the podium! I warned her that some on the team don't take kindly to all this "competitiveness" and speed. Then told her I'd let it slide if she came to some LITs. Actually, I didn't tell her that part... but I'm telling her now. ;-)

Rick F raced and was in good spirits Man, I need to start paying more attention if I'm going to do a write-up. Anyway, I talked with him after, and he's good.

Doug D raced experts and took it easy upon doctor's orders. He was still walking after a fast race, so I'm assuming his race went well.

Craig W raced and looked fast, as usual.

Brand new member Aaron P was racing expert and is going to be an awesome addition to the team. We were chatting after the race about tandems and touring. We'll definitely be organizing some rides this spring.

I raced, as well, and didn't kill myself, so am quite happy.

Also in St George for the weekend for the more pleasurable side of mountain biking, were Jim P (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JIM!!!), his son Aaron, Heather G, Ali K, Jason C and Brian P... although I don't have sight confirmation of Ali, Jason or Brian. They were camping out at Gooseberry Mesa and I hope they weren't blown away by the cool front that blew in Saturday night. Hopefully their Sunday ride was as great as I'm imagining it.

Pics of the race are up at the Zazoosh.com site. I've attached one of our star podiumer.

Cheers,
sLw